Grüezi and Welcome to Switzerland
An Insider's Guide
Switzerland may be small but we are blessed with diversity. Most think of mountain tops wrapped in eternal snow, but we've got a little of everything:
- The Swiss Riviera with its palm lined avenues between Montreux and Geneva;
- Italian "dolce vita" in the sunny Ticino with its Mediterranean climate;
- Pristine alpine meadows full of wildflowers in the spring and bell-carrying four legged guests in the summer;
- Delightful cities and medieval towns;
- Numerous refreshing mineral baths and health resorts;
- The Engadin with its special light that brings contrasts alive and attracts artists for centuries;
- Remote valleys with picturesque villages where life hasn't changed much over decades;
- A unique and a diverse architectural heritage;
- And, well, OK, our ski slopes are hard to beat!
Being a land of contrast, the scenery is visually sensual just about everywhere. Age old traditions are kept alive, languages and habits differ from region to region, even village to village. And, there's no country better organized for taking hikes. Hands down :-)
Get the inside scoop and travel deep into the heart of Switzerland!
I will lead you to winter hot spots and summer playgrounds. But mostly I will lead you to places where we, the Swiss, find adventure and relaxation. There are still a few stunning but uncrowded and unspoiled pockets that don't always make it onto the big travel sites or into guidebooks.
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to show you around. I don't promise unbiased advice, but I hope I can spark your desire to discover "my" Switzerland!
I continually add pages to SwissVistas and I'd love to know what YOU would like to see here. What would help you? What have you always wanted to know about Switzerland? Please drop me a line to let me know.
If you like what you see you might want to subscribe via RSS. That way you get notified with updates!
And of course, I am always happy when you give me the "thumbs up" by sharing SwissVistas. Thank you!