Swiss Pass Benefits and Bonuses
Switzerland has one of the most effective public transportation systems. There are many reasons to use it. The extensive network will bring you in time and energy efficient from cities to the most remote corners in the Alps. It can get you almost anywhere. Even up to the Jungfraujoch.
You enjoy flexibility. Just get on the train, no deed to arrive hours before departure. If you miss one, just hop on the next train. Or bus. Or boat. Or cableway. Seat reservation is only needed for the classic train journeys that offer more than just a seat.
Switzerland is incredibly scenic, and you can enjoy the view from the window without the hassle of paying attention to congested roads. Public transport can get you almost anywhere, even up to the Jungfraujoch.
Last but not least, it's easy to budget and plan your holiday.
If you buy any of the Swiss travel passes, you profit from unlimited travel on the Swiss travel system (including the classical scenic rail way journeys - reservation fee applies) as well as discounted train tickets and free public city transportation in msot cities.
When choosing a Swiss Pass, you not only enjoy unlimited travel on most trains, boats and buses, you also are entitled to additional discounts. Some of the added Swiss Pass benefits are even free.
Take advantage of the additional Swiss Pass benefits. Here is what you get:
- Free travel with the Family Card: children up to the age of 15 (one day shy of their 16th birthday) travel for free with the Swiss Family Card if you buy any of the discounted Swiss Travel Passes and Cards
- Free admission to more than 470 museums on the day you travel with a pass
- Up to 50% discount on mountain transportation: most mountain railways, some cable cars and funicular's will give you up to 50% discount.
Valais area: Gornergrat, Matterhorn paradise (Klein Matterhorn), Mittelallalin, Aletsch Arena;
Lake Lucerne area: Mount Pilatus, Titlis and Stanserhorn (Mount Rigi is already included in the Swiss Passes);
Lac Leman region: Rochers-de-Naye, Diablerets Glacier;
Bernese Highlands: Schilthorn (from Stechelberg, from Mürren, Schynige Platte, Grindelwald First, Rothorn, Lake Oeschinen, Harder Kulm, Niesen and Stockhorn (the Jungfrau railway offers 25% discount);
St. Gallen and Appenzell area: Mount Säntis, Ebenalp and Chäserrugg;
Heidiland: Flumserberg and Pizol;
Graubünden: Parpaner Rothorn, Motta Naluns, Corvatsch and Furschellas;
Ticiono: Monte Generoso and Monte Brè
The Swiss rail map shows you where you travel for free with the Swiss Pass and where you receive a discount
- Furka Steam Railway: Swiss Pass holders receive 20% discount on the Furka Steam Railway between Realp and Oberwald, a memorable journey through a diverse alpine landscape
- Miniature Park Melide: experience all of Switzerland in a miniature park - in the Swiss Miniature in Melide (near Lugano in the Canton Ticino). You'll receive a 20% discount on the full entrance fee
- Hotels: save money by staying in one of the select hotels:
Bookmark Hotels offers a 15% discount on direct bookings;
Sorell Hotels give you 15% discount if you book individually;
Sunstar Hotel group offers 15% discount when booking through their head office or in individual hotels (code: "Swiss Travel System");
Swiss Hostels gives you a 50% discount off the 3rd night at the same hostel;
Swiss Premium Hotels offers 15% when booking direct with selected hotels;
unikatHotels offer 15% discount by
booking directly in one of their member hotels
- Guided City Tours: The cities of Basel, Bern, Geneva, Lucerne, Schaffhausen and Zürich offer a discount on some (not all) of their guided tours. Ask at the corresponding tourist office by showing your Swiss Pass.
Disclosure: Some of the train links above (but not all) are affiliate links. I receive a tiny compensation from the Swiss Railways if you order through my website. Without additional cost to you. The rest of the links are there because I think they provide useful information. Thank you for your support. It keeps the website going.